- Never leave your valuables out in the open. Always keep your valuables and important documents safe in a burglar or fire resistant safe.
- Hide the key of the safe in an uncommon place or use a digital or biometric lock.
- Anchor or bolt your safe to the wardrobe or to the ground
General Safety when on vacation:
- It is wise to occasionally change the locks on the main door. This will prevent outsiders from using duplicate keys.
- Make sure your home always looks like someone is still living there.
- Keep some lights on
- Ask your neighbours to keep a watch on your home
- Make sure all the doors, side gates and windows are closed.
- Request your neighbour to collect your mail frequently if you are away for a long duration.
- Stop the delivery of newspapers or have them collected by your neighbour.